Kibbutz Geva was founded in December 1921 in the Jezreel Valley, by Jewish immigrants who were mainly from Poland and Russia. Kibbutz Geva is located near the city of Afula and it is built on a small hill between Moshav Kfar Yechezkel and Kibbutz Ein Harod. It has a magnificent view of the Gilboa Mountain to the south, Givat Hamore hill to the north and the Harod Valley at its foot.
Today, the kibbutz has 650 residents, and the community is mainly secular and liberal. Among the community services is a swimming pool, a clinic, a members club and a library.
In Geva there is an industrial plant called "Bakara", that is a factory of pneumatics, electricity and electronics. In the agriculture sector, there is an advanced agricultural farm on an area of 8500 dunams, a dairy farm, a poultry farm, a fish farm, field crops and orchards.
There are about 20 international volunteers in Geva. The Work of volunteers in Geva can include service branches (dining room, laundry), cowshed, factory "Bakara" and gardening.
Kibbutz Geva is the place from which "The Gevatron" grew, a famous musical group that focuses on the songs of the Land of Israel. The story of The Gevatron begins in the early days of the state, in 1948, when a group of singers from Geva called itself the "Gevatron" - a combination of the name of the kibbutz with the name of the "Chizbatron", a band from the War of Independence. The band began performing at internal events of the kibbutz accompanied by an accordion. Today, the Gevatron performs an average of 55 evenings a year throughout the country. In 2007 it won the Israel Lifetime Achievement Award and in recent years it has embarked on two major rounds in North America and in European countries.
With amazing countryside, views and community spirit, kibbutz Geva is perfect for anyone wanting a social environment.