Yagur is a kibbutz in northern Israel on the slopes of Mount Carmel
about 9 km southeast of the city of Haifa
. Yagur was founded in 1922 by a settlement group called "Ahva". The name chosen for the economy would be named after the neighboring Arab village of Yajur.
Yagur is one of the two largest kibbutzim in Israel, its population consists of about 1300 residents, among them students, Ulpan (Hebrew language studies) students and an average of 6 international volunteers. Volunteers in Yagur mainly work on growing lettuce, in the services such as kitchen and dining room, in gardening, the children house and the events garden.
Kibbutz Yagur has a beautiful and well-kept garden, where weddings and other exciting events take place. The name of this events garden is Ha-hursha, its meaning in Hebrew is “small forest”.
The economy in Yagur is based on diversified agriculture
, including: Yagur Nursery
(Nursery specializing in gardening, planning gardens, market plants all over the country), Yagur Olive Oil
(An olive press that sells quality olive oil of various varieties. Since 1941, members of Yagur have planted about 400 dunams of olive trees, for food and producing), Yagur cowshed
(with about 350 milk cows and a calf shed for fattening).
The Hebrew language ulpan began to operate in Yagur in 1967, with two cycles each year, and a total of about 60 students per year.
The Yagur parrot farm was established in 1997. The parrots sold in the store are grown from the farm and are grown in hand-feeding.